Thursday, April 30, 2009

Whats new with the Packards




We have had a pretty fun month of April, the top two pictures are fhe on Monday, swimming in Jared and Des's club house pool, then I loved Lexi's one eye peaking out, then the bottom one is of Lexi wrapping herself in our comforter. Whenever I make the bed, I throw the blankets on the floor, and Lexi attacks them, and wraps herself in them, she is so cute. She is getting a couple new teeth, so these past couple weeks have to say the least been rough. Its getting harder and harder to take her to work with me. Justin was out of work for the past few months, so it was so nice that she could stay at home with him, but justin started working again this week, and it's been crazy! We have been so used to Justin being home during the day, and not working until like four, but now hes been leaving at 8, and we don't see him til like 7. But I'm not complaining, because we really want to buy a washer and dryer. Which brings me to our housing issue. We were supposed to close today, but Idaho housing has been so backed up, that we have had to wait to close until next Friday....bummer, everyone is buying a house right now...its really pretty frustrating because if the sellers wanted to, they could put the house back on the market...so we are pretty worried, and we have been praying a lot:) Anyway, I guess we will have to accept whatever happens...but Im not going to feel excited about the house until we sign the closing papers. I never knew buying a house was so incredibly complicated. I was talking to my sister in law the other day, and she said when they bought their first house that they walked in, and stated what they made, and how much housing payments they could afford, and the bank said "okay" it is so not like that anymore! They require so many documents, I cant count how many times Ive been to our bank to request statements, and rent check images, or how many times I have had to sign my name, or how many times I have had to dig up old tax info...blah, can we just have a house and be done?! Although it has seriously been a crazy, stressful month, I have realized how truly blessed we are, we have had more money pop up then I have seen in months, its so random. $1200 for our gaurentee, inspection, and appraisal, don't ask me where that money came from, but we came up with it no problem, not to mention we have more money in savings for our closing costs then we have had since Lexi was born..what the heck? Im so grateful, that we have been faithful in paying our tithing, I know that we are being blessed for that right now. Sometimes times are rough, and it feels like they will never get better, but wow, other times, the blessings are just showered down....I just have to remember that during hard times I guess. Last Sunday I had the opportunity to go to this really awesome fireside. It was for RS presidencies, bishoprics, and EQ president, so Justin couldn't come with me, and I really didn't want to go cuz I knew it was going to be 2 hours long, but I am so grateful I went, I learned so much! It was mostly about the welfare of the church through broadcast. I learned how important self reliance is. One thing that President Monson said, that really stuck out to me about helping others who are in need, he said you can't give someone food from an empty shelf, and you can't lend someone money with an empty wallet. He also talked a lot about getting and staying out of debt, and living within your means. When we are living within our means, we can help others who are struggling, wether it be family or friends, or our ward family. You just never know when something unexpected will happen. Anyway, I really loved it. Thats about all that is new with us, sorry for the blabby long post:)

5 comments:

  1. It is so good to see your photos. Did you know Kylie and Kyle are in our ward here? Kylie said you had lots of photos of Lexie on facebook so I typed in your name and was looking for you. And I found your blog. It is so cute. I am so happy you are about to get into a house. We are starting the process. Fun. Just wanted you to know we are thinking of you.
    Love Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Courtney,
    I just found your blog... yeah, I'm a blog stalker too. ;) Ours is private, but if you'd like to view it, send me an e-mail. grbuie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so great. Things will work out. When you move you better still come play with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think so many people don't live within their means and thats why so many people are losing their houses, so yeah very smart counsel. I work with a lot of people that live paycheck to paycheck and both husband and wife are working, what?? Anyways, you'll be taken care I'm sure of it. Things work out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. court I love you! You are so positive about everything always. Your fam is so cute, and Lex is getting so big! I love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete