Tuesday, February 24, 2009

such is life

Some weeks are just rougher then others. I really love my job. The gymnastics gym is so full of energy, and I feel like I have made a lot of good friends there. The trouble with actually owning the gym is that sometimes our clients don't take me seriously...Okay so Im almost 24, but I look like Im 19. I had a dad tell me last week, that there was no way I was old enough to be a mom....hmm. Anyway so today I wasn't scheduled to work, but I had a meeting with a parent and one of our coaches to work out a misunderstanding...which is always fun, but right after the meeting I was out in the waiting area, and this mom comes up and she's like um can I speak to someone in charge? So I wasn't wearing my mgc shirt or anything, but I was like oh I can help you, I don't know where the manager is...anyway so this mom proceeds to tell me that she has dropped her neice off with her daughter to do a free trial class, I asked if her neices mom had signed a liability waiver. Of course the answer was no. I mean who needs a waiver right? Who cares if her neice brakes her back and sues the gym for a billion dollars..no big deal. Anyway, she argued with me for a few more seconds, then walked away, and then came back and proceeded to guilt me by saying "you mean to tell me you are going to make my neice sit here in the waiting area just watching all the other kids do gymnastics? you have got to be kidding me!" No I was not kidding gyms have been put out of business in a matter of seconds because there was no liability waiver signed. Wow, so then she goes and grabs her neice and storms out to her car. People are so nice and understanding.

5 comments:

  1. Courtney you finally joined the Blogging world. Its ok it took me forever and alot of time to figure it all out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have a blog now! Hope everything's going good with you guys. Post pictures from Lexie's birthday if you have some! Oh, and good luck on the no sugar thing! I don't think I could ever do that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that totally stinks! Way to go for not letting her walk all over you...people these days! Well, we found your blog! I am excited! Now I just need to get your email address and then we have to send you an invite so you can view ours:) Oh yeah, today I was at arctic circle and there were a bunch of kids there with their moms and they were all talking about going to gymnastics :) One boy was going, and all his friends were so jealous! It made me laugh:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney-you did the right thing! Really! People do not get how much it takes to run your own business..I didn't get it, until I worked at the scrapbook store and saw close up how much work it was for the mgr. I saved your blog to my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun to see you on here! happy birthday to Lexi! :)

    ReplyDelete