Thursday, May 28, 2009

The stomach flu, our house, and the water park

Lexi-so done at the water park!
Okay fine I will touch the water, but only once


Cute pic of Daniel! Before he got sick :(


Liking the dry play ground much better




Grumpy on the way back from Home Depot


We have been trying to ignore Lexi through the night when she cries, because she still isn't sleeping through the night, and I think for heavens sake you are 15 months old, you should be able to go through the night without a bottle! Anyway, we started this trend a little over a week ago, and last Wednesday night she cried twice throughout the night, and both times I ignored her, and it wasn't so bad because both times were very brief. So at 7am my internal alarm clock wanted me to go check on her, so I opened her bedroom door and immediately smelled something foul. I figured it was a messy diaper, but when I peered over her crib, I noticed some dark brown looking pieces scattered all over her crib. (she was still sound asleep with her butt in the air) I thought to myself great, the one night she is wearing two piece pjs without a onesie she poops and fishes through her diaper and scatters it all around her crib, and then falls back asleep in it. Real cool. Anyway, I call in Justin to come and inspect because it really didn't smell like poo. We eventually figured out that she had puked up green beans from dinner the previous night. So I got a bath and clean clothes all ready, and woke her up, bathed her, cleaned up the mess in her room, and then figuring the beans just hadn't set well with her, gave her a bottle while I was getting her dressed, and she puked all over herself again. (this repeated for 4 days, no joke) Then Justin got sick all day Saturday and Sunday with the same thing. So basically I had a weekend of a sick husband who couldn't help me clean up puke or change diapers that were full of soup. Toward the end of the day on Sunday, Justin felt a lot better so we went to Pocatello and spent memorial day with Justin's family, and had a good time eating good food, and visiting the cemetery. On our way out of Pocatello we stopped in at Home Depot to buy a wood floor for our house, and Lexi puked all over herself, the cart, and the floor of Home Depot. We went and told someone as soon as it happened, and the guy was like no prob we will take care of it, and an hour later as we were leaving the store it was still there....Anyway, so that was my weekend, Lexi threw up a couple more times on Tuesday. So this morning I shampooed our carpets cuz as you can imagine things were starting to get pretty stinky. Lexi is doing a ton better which is such a great relief because it was really starting to ware on me, I was getting so worried about her keeping hydrated. Although she did puke today and yesterday (its clearly her new attention getter) so we have to rid her of that fun habit. And ode to cousin Daniel, somewhere in the mix of interactions in the past week, he got sick as well. (sorry Daniel, we love you!) Good news though today my parents arrived in town, so its wonderful to have them here, and we are going to Yellowstone on Saturday...which I am so excited about! :) And also WE FINALLY CLOSED ON OUR HOUSE TODAY! I just have to say it was well worth the wait becuase we ended up paying zero dollars for closing, and actually got 500 hundred dollars back! (paying your tithing really does bless) So tomorrow we are going to buy furniture for our living room, and we already bought wood floors for the living room and hallway, and a nice rug. Its going to be a lot of work and a lot of cash to make it how we want, but I think in about 5 years we should be done with the improvements. SO yay! We are moving in sometime in July not sure of the exact date, but I will be posting before and after pictures as we slowly but surely remodel. It's going to be a really fun project for Justin and I (mostly Justin:)

6 comments:

  1. Boo for sick babies and husbands. That is so not fun. yay for getting a house though. Seriously, that is awesome. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the house!!! Can't wait for you to move in and post pictures.

    And as far as my butt goes, lol. Thanks. But I'm pretty sure your computer screen is broken because in real life, I look like I'm pregnant with triplets-one in the gut and one in each butt cheek. Butt pregnancies....so sexy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm So excited for you!! A house finally!!Well, sorry about the stomach flu bug, not fun, Nathan had that last wk. Miss you, Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. G L:A M O R O U S..all around..I totally understand..I told Baylee recently I've been pooped, peed, puked, snotted on..nothing really grosses me out anymore..Love you & I will call you this weekend, doing school triathalon tomorrow (running & bike riding) dance & to the Nike employee store for shoes :) YES!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry you had such a wonderful week. It is the grosest when they are sleeping in their own puke and the room stinks when you walk in. Poor Lexi. I am glad she is feeling better now. yay for your house! I am so glad you finally closed on it and you even got money back....yay! Anyway, love you and tell your mom and dad hi for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, what a week with a sick family! that is never fun, and don't you feel so guilty for trying to get her to sleep through the night, and she was really sick! :( Sad! The exact thing happened to us with Alyssa but instead of the throw up, is was the poo, and it was everywhere like mud! Gross! Anyway, we are excited that you guys closed on your house, you are probably so busy with it already, moving in and getting things remodeled! You should seriously put up some before and after pictures, we want to see your new home!

    ReplyDelete