Thursday, October 18, 2012

Relieved....

Was Justin's main response when we found out we are having a boy! As for me I was crying, and asked twice if the ultrasound tech could make sure.  I'm not a cryer at all, in fact I don't think I cried with either of the girl's ultrasounds, and I didn't cry when they were born.  I didn't even cry when Justin proposed to me (but he did) :) I seriously love my two girls.  They make me smile and laugh everyday, and I'm so grateful for them, but even as a teenager, I always pictured myself with boys, not girls, so the news that we will be having a long awaited boy was really cool. The tech was able to tell within the first 20 seconds that we are having a boy, he wasn't shy at all! lol. We were able to get a 3d ultrasound, which I had never have before.  He doesn't really look like an adorable baby yet, but I'm hoping that will change :) He definitely has Justin's lips and my nose, but that was the only familiar things I could pick out from the pictures. He has been quite the mover already, and I love feeling him kick and squirm throughout the day, and especially at night. Justin is just happy that we aren't going to be one of those families with all girls.  We have had several people tell us "oh you just seem like the type of family that's going to be all girls. " And all I can think about when people say that is the teenage years..yikes..that's going to be crazy enough with two teenage girls. Anyway, we are so thrilled to be having a boy, I can't wait to start getting all of the hand me downs from my nephew out..(is it to early to start washing and putting them in a dresser for him) Can't wait!
In other news, Justin and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary on October 8th.  Well we didn't really celebrate too much, we just put a new roof on our house so that took a good chunk of money, and we couldn't justify doing anything too crazy, but we went out to dinner, and ice cream (Because I really like food especially right now) while my brother and sis in law watched the girls.  We had a great time!

2 comments:

  1. We're so, so excited for you guys! You definitely needed a boy in the mix :)

    And happy anniversary, you love birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just realized that all your kids are going to have birthdays realy close together, thats interesting! Well congrats I'm so glad you are having a boy!! I'm sure he'll be so cute!

    ReplyDelete