Thursday, December 1, 2011

And a partridge in a pear tree...

Just wanted to type a quick post about holiday stuff. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Blackfoot this year with Justin's family. Thank you Babcocks for hosting, you did a fabulous job:) We went bowling on Wednesday night, and then relaxed and ate wonderful food on Thursday. Then late Thursday/early Friday I had my very first "black friday" shopping experience. We hit walmart and the mall in Idaho falls. I didn't buy much, but it was sure fun!


This will be mine and Justin's 7th Christmas together. Growing up my family always did the fake tree thing, and I was fine with that, but oh not Justin... he doesn't do the fake thing. So every year we have cut our own tree down, but last year I convinced him to buy one from the local grocery store. It was the prettiest tree we have had. So naturally I lost this year, and we had to go snowmobiling to find the perfect tree. Needless to say we were short on time, and ended up with a hideous tree. BUT we had a lot of fun snowmobiling to find it, and as Justin says "it's all about the experience." Whatever. Next year will be from the grocery lot :) We are looking forward to spending a week in Oregon with my family over Christmas.














Just checked on Lex, and she looked so cute, soI had to snap this shot...but anyway, here is holiday stuff:)









The cutting down tree experience










She was excited about her hat


Amber and I at Thanksgiving


Rozlyn checking out black Friday deals


Roz and Grandma at Thanksgiving


The Packard fam after bowling

4 comments:

  1. Good to see an update from you!! :)

    I think I say this in every comment, but your girls are SO big and SO beautiful! They definitely take after their mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah man I think that I need to disassociate myself with all my friends in Idaho because when I hear about having snow already I get so bummed. But I am happy that you get to enjoy the beautiful Rexburg winter. We love seeing the great things you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Roxie looks so cute all bundled up on the snowmobile. I do miss getting bundled up to stay warm. I have a closet full of cute winter jackets that I can't wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little girls. I love Rozlyn's cheeks.

    ReplyDelete