Thursday, June 16, 2011

Accomplished

Im not even sure how to start writing this post, it is pretty random, as are most of my thoughts. I have been thinking a lot lately about the things I have accomplished in my life. I hope this doesn't sound like a "toot my own horn," type of post, because I'm not meaning to do that. I just have a lot to be grateful for. I have a lot of goodness in my life, and I guess I just wanted to give a shout out to all of the good things about my life...the pictures are not in any sort of order. First of all, I have to give my family some love :) I really do have a great family. I was privileged to grow up in the family that I did. My parents raised me and my three siblings humbly, in a humble home, on a simple street, but we have some awesome memories. My siblings suprisingly ended up marrying some pretty cool people, and ended up having some pretty cool kids, that I am crazy about.

I have awesome friends. I don't think I am the type of person who needs a lot of attention, but it's so great to have friends that I know I can count on whenever, and who love me even when I'm not at my best.









I own a gymnastics gym...it's completely a love hate relationship. But regardless it's cool that I work for myself.

I graduated with a bachelors degree in three and a half years with a reasonable GPA...Im proud of that.


I got married to my sweetheart in the temple, the best place on earth. I am grateful to be a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. How blessed I am to know the truth without a doubt!



I gave birth twice, I gained 40 lbs with the first, and 50 lbs with the second, and I lost it all. I worked hard to do that, and I am proud of that.








I am a mom, and I try to be better everyday. It's hard work! I have to constantly pray for patience, but I try hard, and I am crazy about my girls.



I have been married for 5 and half years, and we are really happy. Having a happy marriage isn't always easy. It's a lot of give and take, and alot of unselfishness, but it's so worth it, and I'm so lucky that even though I married a guy I only knew for 4 months...I'm happy to say it's the best decision I have ever made!



I ran a 10 K last week in 58 minutes, it was the first race I have ever done, and it was so much fun. So fun in fact I signed up to run a half marathon in 2 months. Crazy, but I know I can do it...even if I have a very slow pace.


All in all, I am proud of my life, I have accomplished a lot, and there is still a lot I want to do. I hope to keep my head high, and my goals close at hand. :)





















4 comments:

  1. You are amazing!! Which half marathon are you doing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a world where everyone seems to be negative and down on themselves, it is wonderful to hear someone be proud of their life and their accomplishments! Great post!! See you tomorrow morning at 10:30! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. go courtney! loved reading this! and good luck with the half marathon, if i can do it, you'll have no problems! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I think it's so important to remember who you are and what you've done with your life. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete