Tuesday, June 23, 2009

All American


I just wanted to take a minute and say how grateful I am for this country. When I was younger, saying the pledge of allegiance, and the star spangled banner didn't mean much to me, but today it brings tears to my eyes, and although its kind of embarrassing that I get emotional about it, I am so proud to be an American. I can't believe how blessed I was to be born into this country with so much blessing and opportunity. I am so incredibly proud and grateful for all those people who fought and risked their lives to make America what it is today. It's true that America isn't seeing the best times right now, but there is still no where else I would rather be. Justin said to me the other day, "honey, we are living the American dream, we own our own home, we own our own business, we have a wonderful family, and we are happy." I was like wow, isn't that the truth. I and so many of us are so blessed. I hope everyone remembers how lucky we are and takes a minute to celebrate this upcoming 4th of July.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kern... you're so cute. Yes, well said. We are truly privileged with all the blessings of life:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Court, thanks for reminding us all to look at the positives when it is so easy to look at the negatives. Love you, and can't wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney, I just found your your blog (I love blog-stalking...HA HA!) and I'm going to add you to my blog, okay?

    Anyway, I absolutely LOVE this post. I also get emotional when I think about how genuinely proud I am to be an American. I cried at a school assembly when someone sang the national anthem. All my students laughed at me, but it's just so.....spiritual, you know?

    ReplyDelete